Advising and Student Services
The Office of Student Services in the College of Science and Technology guides students from new student orientation through graduation to ensure that they complete all degree requirements and work to their fullest potential. Faculty advisors in each major use their knowledge of departmental curriculum to help students choose courses consistent with their specific career objectives.
Professional and faculty advisors can help you choose the right courses to complete your degree requirements. Learn more about academic advisors. Learn more about academic advisors.
Each department has a student ambassador/ombudsperson who has thorough knowledge of degree requirements and can help resolve academic issues. Learn more about student ambassadors and ombudspersons.
Location and Hours
Center for Academic Advising and Professional Development
College of Science and Technology
Paley Library - Suite 150
1210 Polett Walk
Philadelphia, PA 19122
- To schedule an appointment for academic advising, please call 215-204-2890.
- Appointments are required for any issue that may take longer than 10 minutes.
Peer Advisor Student Appointment
- Meet one-on-one with a peer advisor to discuss general questions
- These 15 minute appointments can be set up in our office
- Time vary throughout the week (Monday – Friday)
First-year Workshops for CST Students
- The College of Science and Technology Office of Student Services is developing workshops for first-year students. We need your input to help make them a success.
- Please complete the form found here.
- Please complete a short survey prior to attending the workshop. Click Here for survey.
- During the first two weeks of the spring and fall semesters (the ADD/DROP period), and during PRIORITY REGISTRATION, “open registration” is offered in lieu of appointments.
- Please, always note the CRN (course reference number) for courses you plan to add during your advising appointment.
- Even if you cannot self-register, you can always use Self-Service Banner to find courses, plan your roster, and note the CRN for each course.
- Did you receive a "U" in your coursework? Knowing your Options After Receiving an Unsatisfactory Midterm Rating