The College of Science and Technology (CST), with more than 4,500 undergraduate and graduate students, is one of Temple University’s fastest growing schools. Through its innovative Undergraduate Research Program, students work side-by-side with experienced faculty researchers in the lab, in the field and in the classroom. External funding for advanced research--in big data, advanced materials, health and beyond--has increased by more than 85 percent in just the past five years, creating new opportunities for CST faculty to take on today’s toughest scientific challenges.
CST offers more than 30 high-tech majors and a growing number of advanced degree options, such as Professional Science Master's degrees. CST also offers a Post-Baccalaureate Pre-Health Program for those looking to enter medical and other health-related professional schools. Skilled instruction, small upper-level class sizes and state-of-the-art equipment mean students are exposed to the latest ideas and advances in their fields. The college's Science Education and Research Center, with modern research and teaching labs, is one of the newest and most advanced facilities of its kind on the East Coast.
CST’s talented advising staff helps students succeed in the classroom and its Office of Student Professional Development connects students to the Philadelphia region’s thriving science and technology industries for jobs, internships and research opportunities. In addition, CST graduates—thousands of science leaders around the world—are an invaluable resource for today’s students.
In the community, CST is a leader in STEM education, offering a variety of science camps and experiences for young people. The college's TUteach program trains the next generation of skilled science teachers through subject-area mastery, educational pedagogy and extensive classroom teaching experience.
- 6 departments: biology, chemistry, computer & information sciences, earth & environmental science, math and physics
- more than 200 world-class faculty members
- advanced Science Education and Research Center
- 8 interdisciplinary majors including biochemistry, biophysics and neuroscience
- Undergraduate Research Program that offers students real-world research experience with top scientists
- Science Scholars Program offers accomplished and motivated students additional research opportunities and mentorships
- accelerated degree programs with Temple’s School of Medicine, School of Pharmacy and others
- TUteach, a collaboration with the College of Education, to train tomorrow’s great science teachers
- Professional Science Master's programs in Biotechnology, Bioinnovation, Bioinformatics and Forensic Chemistry
- Pre-Health Post Baccalaureate program for preperation to medical, dental, podiatry and other professional schools
- student access to hundreds of internships at Philadelphia’s leading tech companies