Connecting students with successful alumni.
In just a few meetings spread out over two semesters, College of Science and Technology (CST) students can connect with successful CST alumni in their fields, whether that’s medicine, biotech, geology or data science. CST alumni can have a big impact on a student’s education and career. Mentors help students think about what they want to achieve in life, set goals and map out strategies for achieving their dreams.
Benefits for CST alumni.
- Make an impact on a CST student’s life
- Help a CST student set goals and map out strategies
- Learn about current CST students and programs
Benefits for CST students.
- Build a professional network
- Enhance professional and communication skills
- Connect academics and career; get advice on experiences and courses
- Explore new ideas and areas of interest
- Gain exposure to career options and job-search tips
How Owl to Owl works.
The Owl to Owl Mentor Program is structured around four virtual/online or in-person meetings over the course of two semesters. Students and mentors will be matched by criteria that will be mutually beneficial to both participants. While every effort will be made to pair a student with an appropriate alumnus/ae, student registration does not guarantee that a student will be paired with a mentor.
- First meeting: Introductory meeting between mentor and student
- Second meeting: Mentor shares their professional experience and career path
- Third Meeting: Mentor takes student on virtual workplace visit
- Fourth Meeting: Mentors and student review and map out future connection