The College of Science and Technology is extraordinary.
I am honored to be CST’s new dean. Although my tenure only began on October 1, 2023, I have already seen our faculty’s commitment to teaching and research and our staff’s dedication to students. What they do here every day is remarkable. They inspire. They support. They guide students on their journey to successful careers or to graduate or professional school.
Michael L. Klein, FRS, who served as CST dean for more than a decade, set a very high standard of excellence. I thank him for his encouragement and mentorship as I work to build on his legacy of success.
CST offers so much to students who want to explore science and technology. We have:
- Six academic departments: Biology, Chemistry, Computer and Information Sciences, Earth and Environmental Science, Mathematics and Physics
- Fourteen research institutes and centers advancing interdisciplinary knowledge
- More than 30 undergraduate majors, including genomic medicine, data science and ecology, evolution and biodiversity
- Academic programs, co-curricular activities and advising that supports first-year students and students who are the first in their families to attend college
- Doctoral, master’s, professional science master’s and postbaccalaureate options
- The Science Education and Research Center, our home to advanced multidisciplinary teaching and research
I am excited to begin this journey here at CST and Temple University. I have been embraced with such warmth and support. I look forward to working together to advance CST, support our students and impact our world.
College of Science and Technology