Changing Your Major or Minor
Declaring a Major, Minor or Certificate
All Students who wish to declare/add or change a primary major within the College of Science and Technology (CST) should have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.00 or higher.
For students in their first semester at Temple (first time freshmen and transfers) the GPA requirement is waived.
Current CST Students
In order to declare majors, minors or certificates within the College of Science and Technology, a CST student must meet with an advisor in the CST Center for Academic Advising and Professional Development, Paley - Suite, 150.
1. Call 215-205-2890 to schedule an appointment
2. Visit the CST Advising Center in person to schedule an appointment
In order to declare a CST major as your primary major, a non-CST student must complete the CST Change of Program (COP) requirements on Canvas.
To access the Canvas site please select Temple University – Change of Program.
1. You will need to log in using your Accessnest username and password.
2. Select “Join this Course” in the upper right corner.
3. Follow the directions to complete the CST Change of Program module.
You are to view the Prezi presentation and complete the COP survey. Upon successful completion of the survey you will be contacted within 3-5 business days to set up your advising appointment to officially change your major!
***NOTE: During the Add/Drop and Priority Registration periods, response time will be delayed***
In order to add or drop a CST minor or certificate, a non-CST student can do one of the following:
1. Complete a minor/certificate declaration/drop form. Pick a form up in the CST Advising Center in Samuel Paley Hall - Suite 150
2. Schedule an appointment with a CST advisor by calling a 215-204-2890 or visiting the CST Advising Center