Changing Your Major or Minor

Declaring a Major Minor or Certificate

All Students who wish to declare/add or change a primary major within the College of Science and Technology (CST) should have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.00 or higher.

For students in their first semester at Temple (first time freshmen and transfers) the GPA requirement is waived.

Current CST Students

In order to declare majors, minors or certificates within the College of Science and Technology, a CST student must meet with an advisor in the CST Center for Academic Advising and Professional Development, Paley - Suite, 150.

  1. Call 215-205-2890 to schedule an appointment
  2. Visit the CST Advising Center in person to schedule an appointment
  3. Schedule an appointment online

Non-CST Students 

In order to declare a CST major as your primary major, a non-CST student must complete the CST Change of Program (COP) steps on Canvas. To request to be added to the Canvas course students can:

1.      Visit the CST Advising Center in person
2.      Email

You are required to first view the Prezi presentation and complete the COP quiz, earning at least an 8 out of 10. Upon successful completion of the quiz you will be contacted within a week to set up your advising appointment to officially change your major!

In order to declare/add or drop a CST minor or certificate, a non-CST student can do one of the following:

  1. Complete a minor/certificate declaration/drop form. Pick a form up in the CST Advising Center in Paley - Suite 150
  2. Schedule an appointment with a CST advisor by calling a 215-204-2890 or visiting the CST Advising Center