For our current students
Building your career at Temple University and EES
The job market for earth and environmental scientists is very strong. Career opportunities span industry, public service, and government. A solid scientific foundation with skills in field and lab work and data analysis informed by an integrated understanding of the earth provide choice and opportunity.
Career options include working for regulatory and other governmental agencies, NGO’s, conservation groups, and industry, especially the numerous environmental and engineering consulting firms throughout the region.
Employment opportunities commonly focus on issues of environmental planning and remediation, hazard mitigation, engineering, biodiversity, water quality and contamination, natural resource conservation and sustainable resource development.
Some students choose to pursue advanced degrees to further develop their skills and investigate fundamental elements of the earth system or address the grand challenges to a sustainable and resilient society.
More and more people live and work in urban centers that intensely alter land use. See how urban geoscience helps build a sustainable society and environment.
- Resume and networking support with faculty and through the department club.
- Departmental and club events to meet current and former students.
- Owl2Owl Program pairs an alumni mentor with an undergraduate student based on their career goals. Build a relationship and an understanding of career opportunities.
- CST Student Professional Development hosts a wide array events to develop professional skills, access opportunities, and land your first internship or job.
- Science is about doing. In EES, you can gain experience in research by assisting graduate student workers, volunteering in a lab or in the field, conducting independent research through an independent study, or by applying to specific research projects in the Undergraduate Research Program (URP).
- Our alumni network is strong and stays connected. Get and stay connected with EES alumni on LinkedIn.
- Our alumni and faculty maintain the EES connection site for our students which posts internships and job opportunities as they become available.
- CST Job Fairs (and related job fairs in the College of Engineering and the College of Liberal Arts) provide opportunities to hone interviewing skills, gain internship experience, and land your first professional job.