The College of Science and Technology (CST), with more than 4,000 students, is one of Temple University’s fastest growing schools. At CST, students work side-by-side with experienced faculty researchers in the lab, in the field and in the classroom. Since 2007, external funding for advanced research has more than doubled, creating new opportunities for CST faculty to take on today’s toughest scientific challenges.
CST offers more than 30 high-tech majors and a growing number of advanced degree options. Skilled instruction, small upper-level class sizes and state-of-the-art equipment mean students are exposed to the latest ideas and advances in their fields. The college's new Science Education and Research Center is one of the most advanced facilities of its kind on the East Coast.
CST’s talented advising staff helps students succeed in the classroom and its Office of Student Professional Development connects students to the Philadelphia region’s thriving science and technology industries for jobs, internships and research opportunities. In addition, CST graduates—thousands of science leaders around the world—are an invaluable resource for today’s students.
- 6 departments: biology, chemistry, computer & information sciences, earth & environmental science, math and physics
- more than 200 world-class faculty members
- advanced Science Education and Research Center
- 8 interdisciplinary majors including biochemistry, biophysics and neuroscience
- Undergraduate Research Program that offers students real-world research experience with top scientists
- Science Scholars Program offers accomplished and motivated students additional research opportunities and mentorships
- accelerated degree programs with Temple’s School of Medicine, School of Pharmacy and others
- TUteach, a collaboration with the College of Education, to train tomorrow’s great science teachers
- Professional Science Master's programs in Biotechnology, Bioinnovation, Bioinformatics and Forensic Chemistry
- Pre-Health Post Baccalaureate program for preperation to medical, dental, podiatry and other professional schools
- student access to hundreds of internships at Philadelphia’s leading tech companies