Frequently Asked Questions
When is the Graduation Ceremony?
The spring ceremony will be on December 19th at 1pm. The graduation ceremony will take place in Temple's Performing Arts Center.
When is the University Commencement?
The University Commencement is only in May. The University Commencement is approximately 90 minutes. Graduates do not walk across the stage at commencement. Graduates will be given four tickets. Lost tickets will not be replaced.
Do I need to RSVP?
Yes! We need to know you plan to attend. Please RSVP by November 15th to receive your tickets. If you RSVP late, there is the possibility you will not receive the full number of requested tickets.
How many people can I bring?
This will be determined in the fall.
How do I get extra tickets?
There will be no extra tickets for the University Commencement or CST Graduation. If you lose your tickets for University Commencement, they cannot be replaced.
What do I need to do before graduation?
- Before graduation make sure you've applied for graduation on SSB. Note that this is necessary whether you plan to attend the ceremony or not.
- If you plan to attend the ceremony, let us know by completing the RSVP form.
- Pick up a parking pass in CST Advising office once you receive an email from our office.
- Order your Cap and Gown through the Campus Bookstore.
- Schedule a time to give your family their tickets. Do not wait until the day of graduation.
What do I need to do the day of the ceremony?
Graduation day is exciting and students may find themselves flustered. Be sure to arrive on time with your cap and gown. Have a plan of where to meet your family and friends on campus before and after the ceremony.
Arriving on time is important because we will be lining up the graduates to process into graduation. During graduation, you will hear from some key members of staff: the dean, a guest speaker, alumni relations, etc. Shortly after, you will process across the stage, pose with your diploma envelope, and shake hands with a faculty member from your department and dean.
Do I receive my diploma the day of the ceremony?
Diplomas are mailed to your permanent mailing address 6-8 weeks after the ceremony. Any questions regarding your diploma can be answered by emailing: email@example.com