Requirements for the Undergraduate Research Program.
- Current CST undergraduate student
- Overall GPA of 2.75 and a GPA of 2.75 in all CST classes (including repeated CST courses and withdrawn CST courses). Both will be reviewed during URP acceptance process.
- Successfully completed the appropriate level of mathematics for your major. (For a majority of majors that is MATH 1041/1941 Calculus I.)
- Completed two semesters in CST. Typically, freshmen have not completed enough of the required entry-level CST courses to be considered for the program. Transfer students who have been in CST for two semesters may also apply.
- Students can only participate in URP for a total of two semesters, only one of which can be summer. Students cannot do two summers of URP.
What if I don't meet the URP requirements?
We encourage you to discuss this with the faculty advisor for your CST major. They will review your situation and determine if adding research would benefit your academic experience. Research can always be done outside of the program with approval of the department faculty advisors.
How do I continue my research after two URP semesters?
You can continue your research after your URP experience in a few ways:
Apply to the CARAS program
Apply to the Diamond Research Scholar program
Apply to Summer Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU) programs offered by NSF
Continue to work with faculty outside of the URP