Message from the Dean
Advancing research and education
In the College of Science and Technology, excellence begins with faculty members who inspire and challenge every student. CST professors create an environment that encourages inquiry and rewards hard work. Students gain new insights by working with investigators on some of the most important but difficult questions of our time.
CST continues to take dramatic steps forward, advancing the quality of research, education and engagement with the world. For example:
- More than 50 talented faculty members and experienced researchers have joined us over the past several years.
- Sponsored research funding has more than doubled since 2007.
- The new Science Education and Research Center houses advanced laboratories and classrooms that foster interdisciplinary research.
We also have introduced new programs to meet the needs of students and the marketplace.
- The Undergraduate Research Program provides unprecedented advanced research opportunities for students.
- TUteach, our partnership with the College of Education, trains the next generation of great math and science teachers.
- Science Scholars Program offers motivated students additional research opportunities and mentorships.
- Professional Science Master's programs in biotechnology and bioinnovation offer the skills employers are looking for.
The college also provides robust academic and professional development support, helping students access important internships and jobs. Temple University's innovative Fly in 4 partnership guarantees that a student can complete a degree on time or Temple will pay the cost of the remaining coursework.
Our achievements are made possible by the continued—and growing—involvement of alumni and friends, students and parents, corporations and foundations. Their support means the college will continue to move forward and set new standards in research, teaching and engagement with the world.
Michael L. Klein, FRS
Dean and Laura H. Carnell Professor of Science