CST Job Fairs
Fall 2016 Job Fair
The College of Science & Technology holds a Job Fair each Fall and Spring.
The Fall 2016 Job Fair is scheduled for Thursday 10/14 from Noon to 4PM.
The Spring 2016 CST Job Fair had a wonderful turnout of 70 employers and over 400 students.
Registration for Employers for the Fall 2016 CST Job Fair is now available - Register Here!
|Set up for employers only||11:30-12:00PM|
|Networking lunch - Students & Employers||12:00-1:00PM|
|Job Fair - Students may work around your schedules - so you can come at 2 and leave at 3 whatever works for you - but you will need at least an hour||1:00-4:00PM|
Howard Gittis Student Center, Room 200
Who can participate?
Freshman, Sophomore, Juniors, Seniors, Masters students and CST alumni.
What can I do at this event?
- Give your résumé (and an excellent first impression) to employers in your field
- Talk to recent alumni who work in a company or organization you would like to join
- Learn how to boost your job potential
- Learn about career paths in particular companies
- Practice your "elevator pitch"
How do I make the most of the CST Job Fair?
Have your résumé reviewed by a Career Coach (Temple University Career Center, 220 Mitten Hall - drop in hours Mon to Fri 11am to 2pm)
Research participating employers and prepare a folder with one page for each company you will be visiting at the Science & Technology Job Fair. Include 10-12 clean copies of your résumé and individual company sheets (include info about recent major developments, the type of jobs they are currently filling, and the department/ team/ project for which you would love to work). Come up with questions for the company representatives.
Ask questions. Here are good questions to ask employers.
- What is the most rewarding aspect of your job?
- What degrees are most preferred by your organization? Is a graduate degree necessary?
- What do you look for in an ideal applicant?
- What was your biggest surprise after beginning to work for this company?
- Does your company offer comprehensive training so that new employees are placed in the team (or department) that will offer and gain the most from adding the new person?
- How important is GPA? Does a good amount of lab research experience compensate with a less than stellar GPA?
- Do you have any advice for a candidate who would like to hear the "inside story" of working with your company?
- What characteristics do you think are ‘key’ to the success of your company/ organization?
Bad questions students ask at Job Fairs:
- What is your company doing?
- What types of positions you are currently hiring for?
- What positions can I apply for?
- I am just a (...) major, I am willing to do any kind of work, and I have huge a student debt to pay, can you hire me?