MS and PhD in Biology
It is a research-based program with all candidates required to write a thesis based on original research. The fields of inquiry include molecular biology, genetics, biochemistry, virology, cell biology, neurobiology and ecology.
After completing a program, students should be able to:
- understand the principal levels of organization of living organisms
- understand the biochemical and biophysical principles that underlie living organisms
- understand principles that govern interaction between and within cells, tissues and organisms
- critically evaluate experimental data
- develop expertise with experimental procedures
- communicate at a professional level using oral, written, or electronic media, and understand attribution and acknowledgement of sources
- design, carry out, and assess experiments independently
- teach various areas of biology
PSM in Biotechnology
The Professional Science Master’s in Biotechnology is a two-year degree program hosted at the Department of Biology with courses taught by diverse faculty from Temple University, industry, and government. Students will work directly with our research faculty on real-world projects, gaining hands-on skills necessary to solve emerging problems. The program will culminate in a research project based at Temple University or one of it’s industry and government partners in Philadelphia. More information available here.
Related Web Sites
Brenda J. Mims